Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Home Cookin'

After a long week in NY, I was finally able to relax in the SF Bay Area and was treated to two home-cooked meals from some gourmet friends. Friday night, my friend Rebecca who works at Broadbent Selections invited us to her georgeous SF loft for a delightful osso bucco over polenta with greens. Yummy. Of course we went though a few great wines from Broadbent, including a dry rose, Chateau Roubaud from Costieres de Nimes, and naturally finished up the evening with a Broadbent Port (Bartholomew is known as one of the top U.S. experts on ports and Madieras), and they have this gals seal of approval.

After recovering from a bit too much wine on Friday night, I was finally able to rally and head over to my friend Wendy's in Alameda for another great meal. Wendy has an awesome personal chef and catering company, Herbs and Spices, so I'm always excited to join her for dinner. We began the evening on the back patio nibbling on some delightful cheesees and a bottle of Pinot Gris from J Wines. I absolutely adore all of J's wine, but the Pinot Gris is particularly special as they only produce small quantities - get 'em while the last!

After cheese hour, we moved inside for the main course, which consisted of Wendy's trademark Ahi tuna (marinated in soy sauce, ginger, cilantro, and I few other things that I forget), roasted rosemary potatoes, and a delightful summer salad filled with asparagus, cucumber, strawberries, zucchini, and lots more yummy goodies, which we washed down with a delightful organic Pinot Noir from Oregon (sadly, I forgot the name - oops).

All-in-all, a yummy and relaxing weekend with great food, great wine, and great friends.